About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

TRYING TO MOVE FORWARD

Christmas is over… really?

I rather believe that Christmas has only just begun!


Go back. Reread the Christmas story, today, now -- after Christmas.

Christ came to dwell with us.


Not to visit.

Not a simple drive by and say "hi!"

Not a sit-down-at-your-table-eat-and-run guest,
but
a permanent presence

He’s an "I-am-with-you-always" presence.

Even better than a friend or child or spouse or parent because

He is divine – a permanent presence.

The greatest of presents!

Christmas isn’t over.

Christmas has only just begun
.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, did I need to read that tonight. I really struggle with this right after Christmas. All year He is as real to me as my breath but after Christmas it feels like I am personally sending Him off to Egypt. Must get over this! This post helps!

Happy New Year, my friend!

Joan Davis said...

Van, thank you for the reminder that Christmas isn't ever really over. Immanuel - God with us.

And thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It was a lovely surprise.

Drucilla's Stitches said...

Thank you for your reminder that we must truly keep Christmas in our hearts and minds all year long! I will be visiting the story of the birth of Christ again instead of waiting till next year!
Have a great day!

Julie Zine Coleman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Zine Coleman said...

How blessed we are that His presence is always with us!! Thanks for that reminder. Even when we are in a struggle, and when any sense of His presence seems to illude us, Scripture tells us He is by our side. Knows every word before we speak it. Counts the number of hairs on our head. We love a faithful God.

Jast Vape said...
This comment has been removed by the author.