About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Monday, November 2, 2009

MOVIN' ON MONDAYS

Ever since last week when I finished my “pilgrim” posts I have been asking myself, “Why do I feel more connected to Moses and the pilgrims he lead across the desert than I do those pilgrims who sailed across the sea? You know the very ones who are my forefathers and mothers? After all they are my relatives!”

My mother has spent lots of time looking into her past studying our family tree -those brave people who came to this “new world” sacrificing their own lives and laying down foundations for my life.

And I wonder… “What sort of foundations am I laying down for future generations?”
What sacrifices have I made for others?

God gives me a bit of grace when I am reminded that each move had its sacrifice and each move kept old traditions or laid down new traditions. Either way memories were made that strengthened and taught our family lessons we could each use for the future.

During the month of November as I prepare for Thanksgiving I am going to be thinking about my forefather pilgrims for whom I am very thankful.
They made a huge move that allowed me to live in the greatest nation in the world. Their move made it possible for me to freely learn all I know about the mighty God I know. Their move opened doors for free education for all. And their move set up an experiment in government that brought seekers of refuge to a place of future hope where dreams so often come true.

I’m asking God to show me His dream for my life and meanwhile I strive to

Shine,

1 comments:

B His Girl said...

I have been absent here. Without your name on the main speaker list on P31, I tend to lose you in the shuffle. Sorry.

Love this post. I relate to Moses a lot also and their journey. We all have much in common with them.
Have a great day Van!