About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

WEDNESDAYS ARE FOR WAITING

Worth the wait
Got home from work yesterday afternoon and what I had been waiting for filled my heart with such joy! There in the driveway was my son’s car. He had made it home from college – home for Thanksgiving. I couldn’t get into the house fast enough. There he was – and as my grandmother liked to say – “A sight for sore eyes.” I had forgotten how handsome he is – how tall, confident, peaceful. I just don’t want to be too far away from him.

Well – that is one wait that is over. He is home, home for many days. Now we can enjoy Thanksgiving and time together.

I guess it was worth the wait- waiting for him to come home has paid off.

I wish all other waits would come to an end like this one. =

Yes- worth the wait.

I hope all your expectations will be met as you celebrate this special time of year.

Shine,

0 comments: