About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Who turns on the lights for you?

I'm privleged  to work with  the most amazing group of women in my church- they are the women who make up the leadership team. I wish every woman in the world were blessed with the servant leadership exhibited by the ladies in my church who sacrificially give of themselves year round. They provide the  spiritual and emtotional support we need in order to survive life's challenges.

Today I want to especially thank Melissa and Kendra:

Melissa heads up our women's ministry. You would never know she is the head honcho though. She leads with open hands. It is obvious the ministry is not hers. She has clearly allowed God to take control and she shares her leadership with others, allowing many to enjoy the blessings of leadership, honoring the women of our church by trusting them to use their talents and gifts, and inviting a large contengency of workers to participate in the field work.  Thank you Melissa for sharing the bounty of the harvest!

I also include Kendra in this posting because truly- I never see Melissa. Instead she allows Kendra to be my direct contact. Kendra is the lady who I go to for all my needs as a Bible study facilitator. She unlocks my room and turns on the lights.

Unlocking and lighting... Do you know how huge it is to have someone in your life who unlocks and lights? Just think about the implications of unlocking and lighting!

Do you have someone in your life who turns on the lights for you? Some one Think about it-- Kendra lights up my path. When I arrive at church after dark, I know exactly where to go because over there in that corner I see the light. That is where I take my gifts and serve my God. There is no doubt in my mind where I am go to. Kendra has turned on the lights for me! 

She doesn't just turn on the lights for me-- she provides the tools I need. She secures my resources- DVD's, workbooks, leaders' guides, hugs, smiles, and words of encouragement. 

I wish you all had a Kendra in your life.

Then to top it all off! She gave me the most meaningful gift this year for Christmas. Like I needed ANOTHER gift from her.

Note cards and magnets to remind me of my calling!  We all need to be reminded from time to time. What has God called you to do?                                                                                                                                                                                                                 


He has called me to~

Shine! 

1 comments:

B His Girl said...

Hi Van,
Merry Christmas!
You are shiny! Keep lighting the way for others.
B His Girl