About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Monday, July 9, 2012

Off the road and nearly home again!


My mid-summer travels are coming to an end as I find myself hours away from home!  

I have mixed emotions- after having spent time with family, who I see once, maybe twice a year. I long to keep the memories flowing. Yet, I am excited to get back to my house, my friends, my fun summer routines.

One of my routines, a conference I have attended for 10 years, is She Speaks, the Proverbs 31 speakers’ and writers’ annual event. That is next on my agenda. I must admit, I am excited and anxious…

Excited because I know what to expect!

--Seeing and spending time with all my P31 team mates- many I have not seen since last year. They are the most amazing women- godly, loving, gracious, talented, and fun loving. We meet a week from Wednesday to prepare for She Speaks!   

--Meeting with my Latina sisters to plan for our portion of the conference.

--Watching hundreds of beautiful and excited women arrive at the Embassy Suites. Welcoming them and encouraging each one.

--Worshipping and praising my Lord with a room full of incredibly gifted ladies.

--Learning from others who have much to share and teach me about ministry, listening to God, and following His calling.

--Becoming acquainted with the ladies of my speaker evaluation group. The stories we share, the way our experiences move each other, the encouragement we give one another, and the closeness we all experience create deep friendships that last forever! And I LOVE collecting friends.

--Finally, to hear the inspirational talks given by women who have perfected and polished their presentations, is always a highlight for me. When God’s Word is creatively communicated and I am challenged to change and grow in my spiritual walk, I know my time has been well spent.

Anxious because time is drawing nigh and I have a lot to do this next week.

So, as I prepare to welcome my sisters to this grand and life-changing event, I ask God to lay a foundation upon which to stand.

Psalm 37:5-7  is God’s perfect Word for each of us as we make final preparations for our soon and very soon gathering: 

 Trust him, and he will help you. He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn,
 and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.  Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act.

I know some of you are reading this and you are among the hundreds who will be here in Charlotte next week. Trust Him, be still and 

Shine,


0 comments: