About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

NEXT STEP: WAIT!

CHEERS TO THE DOCTOR


If today you find yourself in God’s Wait Room – you are not alone!

It is the process through which we all must pass in order to emerge prepared for the next step of our journey.

If you have followed my blog, you know we have recently celebrated the graduation from med school of our daughter in law.

I remember the day – she was in the 6th or 7th grade, she marched into my kitchen soaking wet! I immediately knew what her problem was. You see, on my front lawn that warm spring day, the neighborhood kids were engaged in a water fight.

Boys vs. Girls.

Water guns had not sufficed so the ingenious girls found the hose. It became their weapon of choice. It appeared from my vantage point they might whoop the boys.

The boys were stronger. They wrestled the hose from the girls and… well you know…

Boys are merciless, especially if threatened, especially if it appears girls might whoop them.

Now the wet-to-the-bones girls were asking for towels.

I realized how much my son cared for this little girl when he ran into the house, took the stairs three at a time, and returned with clothes for them.

The first picture I have of my sweet girl (in-law) – she is in my son’s way-too-big-for-her clothes!

The most recent picture I have of her is a young woman in her cap and gown – not just any cap and gown- an impressive one.

No longer wet behind the ears, she is waiting, again, for the day she begins her residency.

Are you in God’s Wait Room?

Look back. Find yourself somewhere in the past.

How far you have come! How much you have done!

How faithful - God? He has brought you this far. He will carry you on...

Know that waiting is necessary. You are on a journey. God is preparing you through this wait.

Keep your eyes on the prize!


It’s worth it!!

2 comments:

B His Girl said...

My eyes are on Him. How beautiful that this love began in middle school. May God give your daughter in law wisdom and strength as she continues her journey in medicine. Blessings to your family Van. B

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!! and blessings to all of you! I love her red hair but I can't see her picture?!?!