About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Monday, September 14, 2009

MOVIN' ON MONDAYS

Moses moved – some say – 3 million pilgrims across the Sinai and into the Promised Land.


Are you on the move?

Those pilgrims who journeyed toward the Promised Land had cried out to God, begging Him to free them from their bondage. He heard and appointed Moses to lead them from captivity.

Pilgrims not only pray, .

Pilgrims invite.

Last week I tore up a patch of my garden. I invite you to visit that patch. By taking a look at my garden patch life you are also peering into my life – the way it looks when I am on the move. Pilgrims invite fellow sojourners to travel with them. Together they bear one another’s burdens, share the hardships and the joys, encourage each other, and in so doing please God.

The best decisions I have ever made – in the midst of my moves, have been to reach out to my neighbors and invite them into my life. The friendships I developed along the way became the blessings that made the move worth it all.

Are you a pilgrim moving? Be like Moses’ mentor and father-in-law, Jethro:

Before the Priest of Midian ever met the Egyptian/Hebrew fugitive, he ordered his daughters, “Invite him to have something to eat.” (Exodus 2:20)

Pilgrims survive because they face the journey together. Meet your neighbors. Invite them to come into your life.

Shine!



 

1 comments:

Laura said...

This is good advice, Van. I have been known to get frustrated with those who say they feel they don't belong when they are unwilling to reach out. Remember that old saying, "if you want a friend, be a friend"? It is true. But we as Christians should work extra hard to help those movers feel at home.

Blessings,
laura