About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

Listen to me, all who hope for deliverance - all who seek the Lord!

Consider the rock from which you were cut,
                   the quarry from which you were mined.

Think about....  (your ancestors). (my insert)               from Psalm 51


Today I give thanks for my great grandparents, my grandparents, my parents - the rocks from which I was cut and the quarries from which I was mined.

I am thankful for my mother's reasearch into my ancestry. How amazing to know that my forefathers and mothers knowingly and purposefully sacrificed and struggled so my life and the lives of my children would be defined by freedom and knowledge of Truth.  

I learned my blood line paved the way for me. I also know that thousands of immigrants settled this precioius land for future generations - that we might all experience what they only dreamed could be a possibility.

Today we live in that dream!

I wonder - What am I doing today that will make a difference for the next generation of Americans?

I pray to God that the lives of my children and the generations that follow will be impacted by the way I live and practice my convictions.

Show me God, how to

Shine!    

0 comments: