About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Monday, April 20, 2009

MOVIN' ON AFTER MOVIN' IN MONDAYS

Returning to my Garden I absolutely love getting out in the world, experiencing its adventures, journeying into God’s glorious creation.

I also love the looks of my house, turning the corner and pulling into my driveway.

“Thank you, God. It didn’t burn down or blow away!”

Ah – just to see my safe house, to know that within its walls all is secure, familiar, dependable.

Oh yes – I fancy adventure AND I am fond of my home.

There is joy in coming home! I know my house is waiting for me. The walls are meant to keep me secure from the outside perils. The roof protects me from threatening weather. My bed gives me rest. My garden points me to God.

I find joy in coming home.

Home is more than my house. It includes the church where I worship. It includes my friends who love me. It includes the community that gives my life purpose.

Excitement mounts the closer I get to home!

Coming home --- It has another meaning.

Some day I am going to turn a corner. What I see ahead will not be my earthly dwelling. I hope to see a heavenly mansion. Will I be as excited to run toward that front door? Will I easily enter, feel at home, welcomed, at peace? Will I belong?

Part of my life’s journey, in addition to enjoying God’s magnificence, is to prepare myself for the day I find myself entering the gates to eternity.

Will I run with excitement or will I feel fear or trepidation? Will I find comfort in my eternal resting place?

What about you? Once you have traveled the face of this earth, are you confident the gates will swing open when you turn the corner and find yourself outside the gates to eternity?

I have spoken with people who don’t believe we can know for sure that we’ll spend eternity in heaven. They tell me they hope so, but don’t know for sure.

1 John 5:13, I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life.

If you are not completely certain that you will spend eternity with God in heaven, why not take a few moments to talk to Him right now. Then read about His Son, Jesus. His story is amazing. I am sure once you have read about Him you will believe that He is the Son of God. You will believe and want to follow Him all the days of your life. Just tell him that you trust Him to be Your Lord and Master. It is a decision you will never regret – never ever.

2 Corinthians 7:10, For the kind of sorrow (turning the corner, putting the past behind, asking for forgiveness of past wrongdoing- my words) God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation.

Ah – yes. I love coming home and I also look forward to going home - spending eternity in my Lord’s Holy City.

Are you ready for that move?

6 comments:

Joyful said...

Van, thanks for visiting one of my blogs again tonight. Nice to hear from you.

This post reminds me of one I wrote just over a year ago entitled, "Coming Home" (http://princessjoyful.blogspot.com/2008/03/coming-home.html)

There's truly no place like home, especially when our hearts are His home,
Joy

Amrita said...

Thank you for your comment Van.

Your house is very beautiful

Jennifer said...

Van...thanks for stopping by my blog today. I have enjoyed your blog for quite some time but did not realize you had a doggy blog, too!! How fun!

What a treasure to know for sure that while I do enjoy my home here..I KNOW I have a home waiting for me "somewhere beyond the blue"!

I'd like to get a copy of your book...I'll check into that on your blog. Have a blessed day!

Heather said...

i was so happy to finally have my own home. after living out of boxes and never feeling settled, i'm so glad to finally have a permanent place i hope to be at for a lot time to come...

Laura said...

Ah, yes, coming home is so nice. But our eternal Home? I cannot even imagine how comfy the bed will be there! thanks for getting me all excited about that Homecoming, Van.

B His Girl said...

Home coming is going to be beyond anything we can imagine. B