About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Monday, April 21, 2008

IN THE MIDST OF A MOVING STORM

Are you moving? Whether you are anticipating a cross-country relocation due to a corporate transfer or you are facing a military assignment or feeling called to the mission field maybe you find yourself challenged by the uncertain future. I have looked straight on to many a move. Commiserating with my moving friends we have referred to ourselves as move-hers. You know – we are movers – but not the people who move others for a living, but women who move! So now you will know what I mean when I refer to those of us who move as move-hers. Welcome to the jungle!

A move is like a storm. The clouds gather. Air currents swirl as initial gentle breezes turn into strong winds knocking the move-her off her feet. These air currents show up in the midst of office gossip. The gentle breezes grow while restructuring news filters through the corporation. The strong winds are the announcements declaring that I will have to move. I am in the midst of this storm as I wait out the approaching move. The storm threatens to become a disaster if I allow my emotions to take over and turn me upside down.

But after so many moves I realize they serve to cleanse and purify me, just like a heavy rain or thrashing wind. Instead of being swept up in the wind I grab onto my anchor, my firm foundation, my Rock – Jesus and his Word. There I rest in peace and listen to the lessons in the storm realizing that His voice is powerful and majestic. Whatever He allows to come into my life is a blessing. He uses the moving storm to perfect me.

When the clouds roll away and the sun once again shines I will stand, take a deep breath of His Spirit and face the future, knowing a new day has begun.

1 comments:

Laura said...

Dear Van,
My friend that I spoke of recently who has just moved may now have to move again ! Sometimes it feels like this journey our Father has us on is a willy-nilly one at best! But we know, and your experiences confirm, that He is growing us through it all. I am praying for my dear friend, that she may find some comfort in your words. Hindsight is so much clearer...