About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Monday, April 5, 2010

Movin' On After Movin' In Mondays

Moving Toward a Place Called BOLD


This week I celebrate a milestone in my life! As I head toward 60 one thing about me that stands out is my lack of roots- this week marks the longest I have ever lived in one place – 11 years to be exact. Never in my life have I lived in one place more than 10 years and now I have clicked over.

As I contemplate this new season- especially given the fact that we have just put another Holy Week behind us I want to MOVE forward with the life God has planned for me.

I continue reading the story of Jesus’ resurrection – don’t finish there because so much of the story is yet to be told…

The women return to their friends who have gathered to mourn and grieve. Breathlessly they announce “the tomb is empty! Jesus is not where we left him.”

Jesus’ disciples, after having witnessed the empty tomb and the risen Lord, moved out into the world:

Acts 4:13. Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marveled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.


Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place in which they were assembled was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they continued to speak the Word of God with freedom and boldness and courage.


2 Corinthians 3:12: …since we have such a hope, we are very bold.



Ephesians 3:12: Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence.

I want to be an eager announcer. I want to be bold in what I believe, not a brassy bold, or a pushy preachy bold, but a loving and kind bold, a secure and confident bold. I think we need bold people today to give others hope and encourage them along the way.

I know that I had a brush with the city of BOLD when I was a young woman – the women of BOLD boldly guided me through the rocky patches in my marriage making sure I kept the promises I made at the altar on my wedding day. Later, the women of BOLD encouraged me as I worked at being a mother, homemaker, and leader in my church. God bless these women for they planted security and confidence in me.

I have it in my heart that I am moving, that God has asked me to move - to a place called BOLD. I have begun to pack up, to get rid of the stuff I will not need for my next assignment, to “clean house,” to become acquainted with the citizens who live in BOLD,

According to what I read about these people I need to pack faith, confidence, hope, prayer, freedom, courage and invite the Holy Spirit to move with me.

So here I’m knocking on the door of a new place in life called BOLD where, with God's grace, I hope to

Shine!

1 comments:

B His Girl said...

I know God is calling me to knock on the same door Van. Bold. Confident of hearing Him and moving on....sharing what I have seen and heard. May God take you to a place where you need bold. (I don't think I thought of that last sentence)
Shining in Florida, B