About Me

Van Walton

Fun Facts about Van Walton

My favorite smell: The way the earth smells after it rains.

My favorite sound: The first notes of a grand symphony.

My favorite way to relax: Sitting anywhere outside - on my front porch, on my deck, or by the lake, early in the morning with my first cup of coffee.

My favorite birthday dessert: a Peach cobbler baked by my husband. He’s my fave chef!

I will not eat: Avocado. They turn my stomach into a volcano that never erupts.

Technology I couldn't live without and why: My laptop - it takes me anywhere I want to go.

One thing that makes me smile: My sons' faces!

FacebookFriend Van on Facebook

My Resources



My book, From the Pound to the Palace, is available for $10
from Proverbs 31 Ministries.


Pound to Palace


My book, Little Halos, is available for $5.99 from Proverbs
31 Ministries.


Little Halos


Proverbs 31 Ministries












Links




Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Monday, January 11, 2010

MOVING AWAY

Moving allows us to leave sin behind...


So I am reading through Leviticus and I find it repetitious and...

ritualistic.

Have you read Leviticus. Try it. See what you think!

On and on go the sacrifices - grain sacrifices, burnt offerings, sin offerings, guilt offerings. Who can stand it?  Not I.

We are so blessed to have the old and the new.

I get to the end of the 4th chapter. It's last words:

"In this way the priest will make atonement for him for the sin he has committed, and he will be forgiven."

Ah ---to be forgiven.

But isn't there an easier way. I mean do I have to find a goat, a bull, a lamb, pigeions or doves? Do I have to walk to Jerusalem, find a priest, hand him my offering and watch as he cuts, cleans, sprinkles, and burns?

Somewhere in the recesses of my mind I remember an easier way.

Jesus.

Not an easier way for Jesus but the way for me to please God I John 2:17:

...the man who does the will of God lives forever.

The will of God?

I know I must repent in order to be able to stand in the presence of God. I think
of God's presence and I see the cross

Lining up the words in a verticle line - "He forgives me" I cross them with the words "when I confess my sin." Try it. Have the two phrases cross at the 'f' of forgives and the 'f' of confess. You will create a cross.

I don't have to find bulls, sheep, goats, and birds to sacrifice in order to get God's attention and forgiveness.

All I have to do is confess my sin.

I asked God to show me my sin and then I made a list. It grew and grew.

I have a lot to do this year --- get rid of one sin at a time, not by dragging animals to an altar, but by naming my sin so I can 

Shine!   

0 comments: